HSC launches digital strategy
Making lives better for the people of Northern Ireland, using digital to transform the way we deliver health, care and well-being services.Learn more
What is DHCNI?
Digital Health and Care NI (DHCNI) is the data and technology lead to the health and social care system in Northern Ireland. Our mission is to harness the power of digital to improve health and care for our population, while improving working practices for all HSC staff.
- Ensure that everyone’s data is protected by assuring the quality, safety and security of data and information flows across the health and social care sector.
- Empower individuals to use digital, if they choose to do so, to care for themselves and take control of their own health and wellbeing.
- Provide our staff with access to high quality information, equipped with the digital resources they need to deliver safe, high quality and efficient care that meet regional and local need.
- Equip HSCNI to be joined-up, efficient with informed patient journeys, based on secure, real-time patient data.
- Make HSCNI the system that innovators want to come to learn about informatics excellence.
Our digital vision
A short introduction to the new Digital Vision and Strategy for Health and Social Care in Northern Ireland, and what it means for Health and Care Professionals and people.
To keep up to date with the latest news, key milestones, and events happening within DHCNI, check out our latest news articles or select see more articles below to browse the news archives.
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust embraces a digital future
On Thursday 6 June 2024, Belfast Trust will become the largest Trust in Northern Ireland to implement encompass – the...Read more
Digital Revolution: South Eastern Trust makes history by launching first digital patient record system in NI
The South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust has become the first Trust in Northern Ireland to implement the major...Read more
South Eastern Trust introduce encompass, the new electronic patient record
A new era for Northern Ireland’s health service will dawn on Thursday 9 November 2023 when the South Eastern Health...Read more
Epic user experience
Viewers can also catch-upon an insightful discussion with Eleanor Conway, Speech & Language Therapist at Great Ormond Street Hospital for...Read more
A source of information on our Digital programmes. Watch Digital Dispatches, our monthly webinar or listen to the Digital Bytes podcast for more information, program status updates or next steps for digital programmes.