Benefits for everyone
Digital health will bring a host of benefits to patients, clients and service users. Patients, or a relative or care giver acting on their behalf, will be kept better informed by having access to their health and care records, empowering them to take an active role in managing their own health and social well being.
Digital health will allow patients or their carers to:
- View, and manage their own health and care records on the electroinc record, encompass
- View and interact with health and wellbeing information tailored to the individual and their condition.
- Manage medications and prescriptions.
- Choose communication methods to meet their needs.
- Contact health and care professionals directly.
- Provide information in advance of appointments, allowing care professionals more time to focus on care delivery.
Digital health will provide improved continuity of care for HSC patients, clients and service users.
- Health care providers will have secure access to centrally held, real time patient information, helping to reduce duplication of services and minimising the risk of errors being made.
- There will be a reduction in the need for patients to reiterate information or undergo unnecessary repeated testing.
- Patients will be able to provide relevant, up to date information to support their clinicians in the management of long term conditions.
Page last updated: 19 June 2023